Saturday, July 12, 2014

Drive sales with your words

Getting the word out about your company can help drive sales.  You already know that.  But with the advent of the internet there are other options other than print advertising.  If you think just putting up a website and leaving it alone is good enough you're wrong, too.  Here are some things to think about:

1. First of all, YES, you need a website.  That is the basic online strategy.   (I'll tell you later about a company who has NO website).  By the way, what is it about entrepreneurs and small businesses who don't have one?  Ok, thats another blog.  Let's continue...

2. E-mail marketing. Stay connected with your customers.  If you are a part of my VIP Marketing Academy you get an email from me once per week, sometimes twice.  I personally think that is enough, unless you are promoting something special.  I personally think it shows you care about your clients/customers. Share some "special" information with them not given out to the masses.

3. Content distribution.  Everyone is saying that if you don't have any content out there you are missing out.  Content is basically articles about some aspect of your business. It positions you as an expert.  For, example, when I am finished with this blog, I could turn it into an article and submit it to SubmitYourArticles.com, EzineArticles.com or GoArticles.com. Not only are will the articles be listed in these directories, but they will distribute them to other social media sites --sometimes for a fee.  I currently have an article listed in SubmitYourArticles.com on the six tips of how to shine at expos and fairs (see earlier blog post).

4.  A blog. This is a blog.  I am authoring some information that will be picked up by search engines (I hope) and distributed throughout the world.  You don't have to be a member of my VIP Marketing Academy to see it.  But I will use it to promote my VIP Marketing Academy.

I'm only going to mention these four this time because I don't want you to get overwhelmed.  So, here is your homework:

You don't have to do all of these right away.  Choose TWO

1.  Think about what you would want to tell your customers on each of the platforms
2.  Decide how many times you want to send information out if you decide to do a blog, submit articles or do e-mailing.

HINT:  You don't have to write everything from scratch.  Once you get information about your product or service, you can re-purpose it and use it in all four categories.  If you are not a writer, then I suggest you get a content strategist to help you.  Or....you can e-mail us and we will walk you through it.

Bring in Customers with Sales Promotions

No comments:

Post a Comment